Friday, December 17, 2010

Nivea - A Kiss of Flavor Cherry

Oh, I love this stuff! I was looking for a daily lip balm that looked like a more pigmented version of Smith's Minted Rose Lip Balm, and this is it. I got it at CVS at a very inexpensive price, though it was a bit tricky to find. (I found it packaged by all of the other Nivea products, not by other lip balms like I thought they would be.)

You know how most tinted lip balms are in overly pigmented, fake colors? Well, this one isn't. When putting on one coat, it goes on rather sheer; however, you can build up the color by adding more coats. Also, if you're in a cinch, you can use your fingers to apply this to your cheeks as a blush. The color is a cool light red at first, but later fades to a reddish-pink color. The more layers of this you put on your lips, the brighter and more vibrant the shade will be.

This is very smooth, and it smells sweet, like cherry or cranberry popsicles. It reminds me of long, nice summers by the pool! (It smells very nice to me, but others might not agree.) It doesn't taste like anything, for those of you who want to know. I'll also add that I love the packaging on this.

All in all, I absolutely love this stuff! It looks great with Smith's Minted Rose Lip Balm over it, or with Bonne Bell VitaGloss2O A Splash of Color in Sheer Strawberry on top. The only thing that I wish it had was SPF, though. That's the only downside that I see to this product. Otherwise, I absolutely love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment