Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Lip Balm Brawl





Shiseido The Makeup Accentuating Colour Stick S5 Rosy Flush appeared darker, gloomier and warmer in its stick form, a true rosy colour in my opinion. Eyeko Frosting Fat Balm looked shinier, brighter, younger and perhaps cooler in the stick. However, upon swatching, both colours were rather close. The major difference between them was that Shiseido The Makeup Accentuating Colour Stick S5 Rosy Flush was far more pigmented and Eyeko was opaque and sheer.


In terms of texture, they were completely two different things. Shiseido The Makeup Accentuating Colour Stick S5 Rosy Flush wasvery smooth and glided on so effortlessly without noticing it being cream. The cream on the stick was transformed to a powdery finish on my skin almost instantly. It also appeared very matte.


Eyeko Frosting Fat Balm, however, was stickier in compression. Well, it's a balm! But please rest assured that stickiness was what I'd call balmy, unlike what you'd expect from a sticky lip gloss such as NARS, perhaps? Nope, it's totally different from that. I guarantee it's just balmy. And it dried to a dewy finish, not at all frosty or shining.


Application wise, Eyeko Frosting Fat Balm went on a lot sheerer and very easy to do too! Surprisingly, I found myself layering it after few light dabs (stamps) instead of sheering it out like I did with other coloured cream products, including Shiseido The Makeup Accentuating Colour Stick S5 Rosy Flush. This character got an instant positive tick from me! I prefer a cream blush that can be built upon than needed thinning out as it's less likely for a klutz like me to make a fatal mistake .


Here is a FOTD example. You can see it's truly a fresh pink flush on my cheeks. Can I say that I love how much younger I look without much effort? Maybe I could use a product to reduce the puffiness under my eyes but this is as good as it gets I guess. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment